Requester Work Email:
Requester Personal Email:
Title [as you would like it to appear in the printed program, 15 words or less]
Description [as you would like it to appear in the printed program, 50 words or less]
Presenter(s) [all presenters must register for conference]
- All sessions are 1 hour in length
- All rooms will be set up theater style.
- Each room will be equipped with a screen. Computers, projectors and audiovisual equipment is not provided and is the responsibility of the presenter.
- Wireless internet is available in all breakout rooms.
- Handouts are the responsibility of the presenter. 35 - 100 copies may be needed for handouts. A sign-up mailing list for those not receiving handouts may be required unless Edmodo is used (to be determined).
This year, we would like to offer the opportunity for session presenters to make Mini-Session presentations. (At the NCSS conference, these are known as poster sessions where they have become extremely popular.)
- (NOTE: What is a mini-session? A good description is SASSS - Short and Sweet Social Studies presentation. Think about a Social Studies Fair presentation with a poster, some handouts, a video clip, a teacher, rather than a student, making a short presentation to interested people who stop by on their way into or out of the exhibit hall. If you choose to use a backboard (again, think of the Social Studies Fair) will need to be large enough to attract attention and the presenter will be able to talk one-on-one or to a small group. There should also be a handout of some type to distribute to visitors. We are interested in offering this as a way to provide a new venue for teachers to present as well as more choices for attendees. We hope that the GCSS mini-sessions will become as popular as the NCSS poster sessions.
- The mini-session will be set up on a table in a high traffic area near the exhibit hall during the exhibit hall visitation times.
- Mini-session presentations should keep to a 10-minute timeframe